What is Chailey Youth Group?
Chailey Youth Group (CYG) is a youth club run by local parents to provide a safe and secure venue for young people aged 10 - 15 who live around the Newick/Chailey area. CYG welcomes and encourages the involvement of young people from all sections of the community and ensures that all have equal opportunity to participate regardless of gender, religious and ethnic background, disability or sexual preference (or any other factor that may result in discrimination and prejudice).
We meet every other Friday evening from 7:30pm - 9pm at Chailey Parish Hall which is situated on South Street (A275) adjacent to The Five Bells public house near Chailey Green.
Chailey Youth Group aims to;
- Provide a safe environment to encourage the young people of the area to meet and socialise.
- Champion a sense of responsibility and ownership for the actions they undertake and develop their involvement in the community.
- Support young people to become champions and proud members of Chailey Youth Group as well as successful learners, confident individuals and responsible young people.
How we hope to achieve them
Chailey Youth Group hopes to achieve these aims by;
- Promoting the core human values of Honesty, Respect, Fairness, Caring and Trust
- Providing an environment where everyone can be themselves without prejudice or peer pressure
- Listening, engaging and responding to the views of our group members
- Making sure we all enjoy ourselves (and never taking ourselves too seriously!)